TYPE OF TRAVEL: Long Haul international to the U.S. Being away from home for 5-6 days, evening and weekend work may be required.
- Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailer, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances.
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods.
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage.
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes.
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books.
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers.
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
- Education: not required
- Valid Class 1 driver’s license
- Experience is an asset
- Language: English
- Reefer experience as asset
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds – handling may be necessary
- Possibility to transport dangerous goods
- Conditions of employment: permanent full-time position
- Number of hours per week: 50,00-70,00
- Annual salary : $65,000+
- Remuneration: according to experience - $0.44 - $0.62 (team) per mile
- Group insurance
- Place of work: 312-300 rue Berge-du- Canal, Montreal, QC, H8R 1H3, Canada
- Planned start date: As soon as possible
HOW TO APPLY
- Send your application by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel.: 514-367-0000 (ext. 250) - Claude
- Apply in person: 312-300 rue Berge-du- Canal, Montreal, QC, H8R 1H3, Canada